1. Preheat oven to 350f. Cook the ground hamburger thoroughly, drain and return to a clean skillet.
2. In a separate skillet, saute the diced onion and jalapeno and add it to the hamburger.
3. Blend in the seasoning and toss to coat.
4. Heat the mixture on high and add water; reduce and let simmer on med/low for about 10 minutes. Stir occasionally to prevent sticking.
5. Cut 4-inch diameter circles out of the flour tortillas. A standard margarita glass is about the right size for measuring and a pizza cutter gets the job done quickly. (Bake the leftovers for extra chips.)
6. Wrap tortilla circles - 3-4 at a time - in a wet paper towel and microwave for 30 seconds to soften.
7. Mold the circles into a lightly greased muffin tin.
8. Add a layer of shredded cheese in the bottom, add about 2 tablespoons of meat mixture, then top with cheese.
9. Bake for 20 minutes. When they're done, just pop them out and add your favorite toppings!
10. Eat 6 and give 6 to your boyfriend (or girlfriend or roommate)
Chipotle Turkey Cups
Adapted from Gimmie Some Oven
24 wonton wrappers
1 cup shredded cheddar-Jack cheese (or other favorite cheese)
1 cup cooked turkey, shredded or small-diced
1/2 cup roasted red bell peppers, diced (from the jar works well!)
1 cup favorite salsa
1/2 tsp. chipotle powder
1/2 cup chopped green onions
1. Preheat oven to 350F degrees.
2. Fit 1 wonton wrapper into each of 24 mini muffin cups coated with cooking spray, pressing the wrappers carefully but firmly into sides of cups. Bake at 350º for 7 minutes or until lightly browned. Keep wontons in muffin cups.
3. Combine remaining ingredients in a medium-sized bowl. If it’s fairly juicy (depending on your salsa), it’s helpful to drain out some of the liquid before moving on.
4. Then add a pinch (about 1/2 Tbsp.) of cheese into each wonton cup, followed by about 1 Tbsp. of the turkey mixture. Then top each wonton with another pinch of cheese. Bake at 350º for 6 minutes or until cheese melts. Remove from muffin cups. Serve immediately.